Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Bit of a Warning!

In my last post I talked about Adwords & Keywords and how great of a program it is. I still stand by that statement but someone named "mojojuju" from the clickbank success forums has realized a risk of using this program or any other keyword analyzer for that matter. Rather than explain it to you, I'll just copy his post over.

Mojuju wrote:

"I tried this program earlier today after seeing your post about this on the ewealth forum. I wrote a similar program like this in php with almost the same feature set (scrape overture, scrape google....compare). Now one concern I had with my program is that I'd make google mad and get myself banned from them from running a program that makes hundreds of automated queries (against google's terms of service).

So, I only ran my keyword tool from internet connections other than my home connection (mostly coffeeshops with free wifi) so that google wouldn't get upset and ban my ip. Everything worked fine.

Today, I installed and tried that program you mentioned. It does what it says it does. But NOW, ever since I used that program, everytime I do a regular google search from a web browser, I get the following message from google:

google wrote:

We're sorry...

... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.


Since the program that you recommend makes many automated queries without using the google API, thus violating google's TOS, I think Google is blocking me as a result of using this keyword program.

To anyone who would consider using this or any such program that violates google's terms of service, I'd highly recommend connecting through an anonymous proxy, or other means so that you won't be prohibited from doing manual searches with google."



Anyways, I'm personally still using this program and I have encountered this problem a couple of times on google but, it doesn't happen often enough to annoy me.

But I think it's very important that you are aware of this problem, so you don't get yourself into something you don't want to.

On the Plus Side:

I have made my first Clickbank sale, for a total of $23.50 using USFreeAds. It was this product that sold. So I've 100% confirmed that USFreeAds gets you a top spot on google, and sells your product.

Anyways, that's all for now, expect more soon.

Have a good Day.

1 comment:

Reina Grosvalet said...

I loveUSFreeAds but have still been too afraid to venture into google adwords and PPC. I write about USFree ads in my ebook and recommend it highly. I myself have an account. Best wishes.